Welcoming the widest number of visitors to the Petit Palais is at the heart of our mission to ensure a quality visitor experience throughout our permanent collections and temporary exhibitions, for anyone – adults and teenagers, children and families, schoolchildren and pre-schoolers – living with a disability.
Access to the museum
Our accessible pricing policy means that visitors with a disability are entitled to free admission to the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions. They also benefit from the lowest prices for guided activities, on presentation of valid proof of eligibility. Admission and activities are also free for one carer or companion.
The accessible entrance is located on the ground floor, to the right of the external stairway at the front of the building.
The building is accessible to visitors with reduced mobility (except the hall on Level 1): all the galleries, garden, café, corridors and access routes, auditorium, toilets, cloakrooms and lifts have been specially adapted.
Guide dogs for visitors with visual impairments are welcome in the museum.
Emotional support animals accompanying visitors with a disability are welcome on presentation of a medical certificate.
Our reception staff is trained to provide the best possible welcome for visitors with a disability.
Visiting the museum and its collections
- The new, accessible Petit Palais app for the permanent collections can be used remotely or in the museum, on Android or IOS. Free download from App Store or Google Play.
- To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, the following equipment is available on loan from the reception desk on Level 0: wheelchairs, folding seats and magnifying glasses. No prior booking is required. Proof of identity must be shown.
- Accessible tactile exhibits are freely available throughout the museum.
- Accessible visitor guides are currently being developed.
Accessible guided activities are organised around the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions for groups and individual visitors.
- Programmes of events can be downloaded from the specific accessibility pages.
Useful accessibility contacts at the Petit Palais :
Specific information and special events: Catherine André - Tel. +33 (0)1 53 43 40 44
General enquiries and bookings: Nathalie Roche - Tel. +33 (0)1 53 43 40 67
Public Accessibility Register
In line with legal requirements, the Petit Palais, Paris Museum of Fine Arts holds a Public Accessibility Register that is available to visitors. It contains comprehensive information about the accessibility of the museum and the services we offer.
You can view this register online or upon request at the museum.