A representative selection of 18th century artworks is displayed in four rooms and a landing. The wide doors between the panelled rooms help to give the impression of a gallery. Paintings, furniture, tapestries, porcelain, watches, silverware and enamelled objects are on display here.
The paintings, which mainly belong to the French School, span the whole century, encompassing all genres: landscape (Hubert Robert), portrait (Fragonard), historical painting (David) and more.
Regarding art objects, a few pieces date back to the last years of the reign of Louis XIV. Most of the pieces display the fretwork and complications of the Rocaille style of the early years of the Louis XV period. Between this style and the style named after his successor, Louis XVI, the museum offers a fine range of Transition furniture combining the characteristics of the previous two.
The works are mostly French, in particular the Beauvais tapestries, marquetry furniture, silverware and Sèvres porcelain. They also include a wide range of German porcelain figurines, especially from Saxony, and English enamels from the second half of the century. The remarkable enamelled watches come from the three main watchmaking centres of the time, Paris, London and Geneva.
The heart of the collection is made up of pieces from the collection donated in 1921 by the American collector Edward Tuck and his wife, née Julia Stell.