Le site utilise des cookies pour le fonctionnement des boutons de partage sur les réseaux sociaux et la mesure d'audience des vidéos et des pages de ce site. En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez leur utilisation. En savoir plus et gérer ses paramètres ici.

18th century

A representative selection of 18th century artworks is displayed in four rooms and a landing. The wide doors between the panelled rooms help to give the impression of a gallery. Paintings, furniture, tapestries, porcelain, watches, silverware and enamelled objects are on display here.

The paintings, which mainly belong to the French School, span the whole century, encompassing all genres: landscape (Hubert Robert), portrait (Fragonard), historical painting (David) and more.

Regarding art objects, a few pieces date back to the last years of the reign of Louis XIV. Most of the pieces display the fretwork and complications of the Rocaille style of the early years of the Louis XV period. Between this style and the style named after his successor, Louis XVI, the museum offers a fine range of Transition furniture combining the characteristics of the previous two.

The works are mostly French, in particular the Beauvais tapestries, marquetry furniture, silverware and Sèvres porcelain. They also include a wide range of German porcelain figurines, especially from Saxony, and English enamels from the second half of the century. The remarkable enamelled watches come from the three main watchmaking centres of the time, Paris, London and Geneva.

The heart of the collection is made up of pieces from the collection donated in 1921 by the American collector Edward Tuck and his wife, née Julia Stell.


Alexander and Bucephalus

Giambattista Tiepolo Venice, 1696 - Madrid, 1770


Chest of drawers

Adrien Delorme and Pierre Roussel


Jérôme de La Lande

Jean-Honoré Fragonard 1732, Grasse (Alpes-Maritimes) - 1806, Paris


Organ pipe clock with a monkey orchestra

Jean Moisy (clockmaker) and Jean-Claude Chambellan known as Duplessis (goldsmith)Porcelain figures based on models by Johann-Joachim Kändler and Peter Reinicke


The death of Seneca

Jacques Louis David 1748, Paris- 1825, Brussels


The Laundry

Hubert Robert 1733, Paris – 1808, Paris


Base de données des oeuvres de la Ville de Paris

Base de données des oeuvres de la Ville de Paris

The online catalogue of the Petit Palais' collections contains almost 35 000 records of works and is enhanced and updated on a regular basis. You can choose between several search modes : simple, advanced, or customised.

Consulter le catalogue en ligne des collections du Petit Palais
Autre base documentaire

Extern databases

Discover a selection of databases online presenting works from the Petit Palais or documents concerning the history of the museum's history.